Our 2023 season will be announced shortly. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for announcements!
Booking an audition: Please book your audition by email to email@example.com Your audition application must include: a recent headshot* and your theatre resume. Also, please indicate the role(s) for which you wish to audition or if you will accept any role.
*Headshot: Don’t worry if you don’t have a professional head shot. A good selfie taken with your phone will do just fine.
What you need to bring to your audition:
1. Applicant Information Form
The application form can be found at the bottom of this page. You should download the Audition Form, complete it and bring it to your audition with you. It will provide the audition panel with essential information such as your contact information and any time conflicts you may have during the rehearsal period.
2. The sheet music for the song you have chosen for your audition
Your sheet music must be clearly marked with start and end points and must be in the correct key (the accompanist will not transpose). It must be an appropriate piano accompaniment (no lead/lyrics sheets), and be clean and legible with no notes cut off.
Regarding your audition song, please choose 16 to 32 bars of any song of your choice, keeping in mind the musical style of the show and using a song that will demonstrate your vocal range. Singing something you know well will allow you to sing with confidence. We are not opposed to hearing songs from BARE if this is what you choose.
The Audition Process
You are advised to arrive 15 minutes prior to your audition time. Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear that you can move in easily.
On your arrival, please provide your Applicant Information form and sheet music to the person at the Registration Table.
The audition will be in three parts:
1. Choreography: In a group along with 6 or 7 others, you will learn a short movement/dance sequence, geared to all levels of experience, for group presentation to the audition panel. Following the choreo presentation, you will return to the waiting area to be called into the audition space for the music and reading portions of the audition.
2. Music audition: You will sing your selected 16 to 32 bars of your song.
3. Reading: There will be no readings from BARE. Rather, you are asked to prepare a monologue of your choice of 30 seconds to one minute in length. Choose a monologue that will demonstrate a depth of emotion. It's preferred the monologue is memorized, however, do your best and if necessary have a script handy for reference.
Auditions can be stressful. We’ve all been there and we understand. Keep in mind that we want you to do well. Just be yourself, be professional, and have fun! If you trip up/forget a song lyric, just keep singing. If you miss a dance step, just keep moving. We’re more interested in how you recover than looking for perfection.